Pinyin input in Windows 10
In order to setup, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button and type ‘Region’.
- Click on ‘Region and Language Settings’.
- Click on ‘Add a Language’.
- From the list of languages select Chinese Simplified.
- Select Chinese (Simplified, China).
- Click on Language pack available.
- Click on Options button.
- Wait for Download to complete.
- Under Keyboards click on Add a keyboard (If you don’t see keyboards, right click the Language you just added.)
- Click on Microsoft Pinyin Input method editor and choose the language editor of your choice.
Pinyin input in Windows 7
There are instructions here for Windows 7, they are a little less organized